Position data APIs and analytics dashboard for Ajna Positions on Ethereum

Position data APIs and analytics dashboard for Ajna Positions on Ethereum

Request

Receiving Address: 0x77819795f0543c8e43c60047d6483cC6E990c578
AJNA Amount: 325000 AJNA tokens (25000 USD)

Applicant and Team Information

Applicant Name: Tom C (Founder)
Email: tom@apy.vision
About you and/or the team:

APY.vision is a comprehensive analytics tool that delivers vital historical analytics for various DeFi activities. We help DeFi users make sense of even the most complex Web3 positions. We track and analyze transactions made by a user, providing an up-to-date and precise overview of their current and historical performance.

We launched the next generation of our data services (called Archive Protocol), which provides a wide range of historical financial metrics on user positions such as:

• Position income (rewards, fees)
  • Capital’s performance
  • Position APY (income APY)
  • Daily position data
  • Holdings, balances (underlying token data balances stored daily)
  • PnL
  • User transactions
  • Benchmark comparisons to alternate scenarios

As part of the grant, in multiple milestones, our goal is to provide these metrics (and perhaps more) to Ajna Protocol’s users on Ethereum.

Additional Links:

Our team has built 13+ similar integrations for various protocols that are currently available in beta.

APY.vision has received several grants to do development work in the past.

We have worked on projects for Uniswap, The Graph, Fantom, Polygon, Bancor, Harmony, Gitcoin, and Near Protocol.

We have worked with some of the top DeFi organizations such as Nansen.ai, who are using our data for their “DeFi Paradise” product.

We have built strong relationships with DeFi protocols such as Balancer, linking directly to our platform from their frontend to give advanced analytics on Balancer pool statistics.

Our new APIs are currently used by Aperture, Clipper, ICHI and more integrations are in our pipeline.

Project Information

1. What is it?

APY.vision aims to build a data integration (called blueprint) for Ajna Protocol. The integration work incorporates delivering GraphQL endpoints to query any user position on Ajna Protocol.

Our goal is to provide users with easy-to-understand, historical data on their own investments using our advanced analytics tools (ie: total cumulative supply, borrow and lend APY and ROI). We hone in on the wallet’s specific APY/ROI which is different from tools like DeFiLlama and other aggregation tools.

Potential future extension of the grant:
Standalone analytics dashboard available under the beta APY.vision or Archive Protocol domain. See an example here: Historical position performance analytics - APY.vision

Use our test position: 0xe3ea96bee65513b2d0091f1827237ae10e04eace

Here you can see some screenshots of an AAVE v2 position (currently in development).

2. What problem is being solved, how?

Serving historical user financial data (such as PnL, capital performance, cost basis, and more) is a challenge in the Web3 space and many dApps do not have the resources to provide the information that gives their users important context surrounding their investments.

To onboard more users and keep them retained, Web3 projects like Ajna gain a lot by offering the same level of data service as Web2 fintech counterparts at a user account level.

3. How will this project be a source of growth or success for Ajna? Please include a step-by-step summary of how you imagine the completed project will affect Ajna.

In our experience, users are more likely to keep their funds in a protocol when they have detailed information about their profit, loss, and return on investment. Data leads to improved user experience, and increased trust, and can be offered as a value-added service that can set Ajna Protocol apart.

The completed data integration can be leveraged in many ways:

• We provide the data endpoint from where data can be obtained for any user position. Selected data can be displayed on Ajna’s frontend.

4. What is/are the objective(s)?

• Deliver historical financial data for Ajna users
  • Increase trust and transparency on position performance

5. What is/are the deliverable(s)?

Deliverables:

• Data integration:
    • Supporting the native yield opportunities of Ajna v2. Supporting user positions taken via Ajna’s core app and Summer.fi on Ethereum
  • No other external farms or vaults will be supported
    • No interaction with smart contract wallets or other external smart contracts will be supported
  • Data will be available via a GrahQL endpoint.

Main milestones and scope:

• Build the data integration (beta) and provide access via a GraphQL endpoint
    • Protocol research
    • Taking test positions
    • Building the data integration (blueprint), supporting user positions taken via Ajna v2 app and Summer.fi on Ethereum
  • Extensive automated and manual testing

6. What is the timeline for completing the deliverables?

• 2.5-3 months

7. What level of support do you anticipate needing through the duration of the project?

• Some complex test positions to stress-test our data (we also take test positions, but the more complex they are the better)
  • Some active Ajna users for beta testing and feedback
  • Co-marketing campaign once the integration and dashboard go live

8. How often will progress reports be published to the forum?

We can publish our progress monthly on the forum.

9. What are the estimated costs associated with the full completion of this project?

Approximately 325000 AJNA tokens (max 25000 USD). We will return the excess AJNA tokens over the 25K USD budget.

10. If applicable, How will the project be maintained after completion of the grant?

Potential data accuracy and availability issues will be addressed (timing depends on the severity).

Additional Information

11. How will you handle a delay in your project timeline?

Delays mainly occur due to unforeseen technical issues. We are aiming to minimize these by doing extensive research on the protocol and taking test positions.

If we see any issues that can likely delay the project to any extent, we will let the community via our monthly updates.

12. How will you handle a scenario where the project can’t be completed due to insufficient funding or other factors?

If the funding is insufficient due to our wrong estimation, then we won’t request additional funds. If the scope is extended by the Protocol, then additional funding might be required.

If the project can’t be completed due to unforeseen technical or other difficulties, then we will return the remaining funds to the protocol.

13. How will you handle a scenario where the project is completed, but significantly under-budget?

It is our team’s responsibility to carefully research and estimate the work required to deliver the integration. We won’t have additional fund requests if the initial approved scope of work is delivered.

–
Thanks for considering our grant.

Hi Tom! I was looking into getting Ajna listed on Apy.vision but It seemed you guys only covered DEXs not so much lending protocols. Glad to see your proposal! Will give it a read now and share my thoughts.

Initial Thoughts

1. I like the concept of Archive protocol. Getting a great position history is useful. The example dashboard has a lot of depth, I’m impressed. This data accessibility would improve overall UX and may attract users by removing a reason(hard to track positions) for them not to use Ajna.
  2. Do we want to fragment our data dashboards so much? I would prefer Blockanalitica (info.ajna.finance) do this under their upcoming expansion grant. Leading people to one or two sites max is ideal. Though I do see the example dashboards offer a lot of depth of information, and apy.vision covers multiple protocols so it would be appealing to the general defi user.
  3. I wonder if apy.vision can partner with Blockanalitica to do the backend while BA just integrates it into the info.ajna.finance frontend.
  4. 25k seems reasonable.

Questions

1. How many MAUs/MUVs does apy.vision have?
  2. What about users on other Networks? Do you see a path to that?
  3. Does the below quote mean that users who created positons through summer.fi or ajnafi.com will not be able to use the endpoints (since they run user actions through proxy contracts)? This seems like a dealbreaker for me if that’s the case.

Other

1. Link broken
  1. There is no more formal team since Ajna Labs was dissolved. I could put you in touch with former team members, though they are under no obligation to help.
  1. Forum updates monthly are sufficient, there is no core team. More frequent updates can be shared as comments under the monthly updates if you judge them relevant.
  1. You will need to submit your own estimated AJNA amount at the time of on-chain proposal submission (early March for Cycle 1). That’s why I recommend a strategy of estimating at a discounted price to what the token trades at today in addition to terms in your proposal that would cover surplus or deficit in your budget (questions 12 and 13). I also recommend nailing down the final scope here in this proposal, scope creep and budget expansion is something we need to keep under control.
  1. On #12, I recommend taking a policy where if the AJNA granted doesn’t reach the USD budgeted amount, either the scope should be cut (identify what gets dropped), or a continuity grant would be applied for next cycle. The scope being expanded could only be a result of a continuity grant that explicitly details the newer scope.
  1. Since the grant is given in AJNA, it is fully possible the value of that AJNA appreciates from the request date to the grant received date to the conversion/sale date. I recommend including a condition to return AJNA tokens over the USD budget.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

@Davidutro Thanks a lot for reviewing the grant proposal draft. See our thoughts about the highlighted part below. :point_down:

It seems Blockanalitica provides protocol-level data, our data focuses on the user level. We can see both cases where our data is added to info.ajna.finance or displayed elsewhere. It is up to the DAO/grant committee to decide.

Keep in mind that it is not necessary to redirect Ajna users to the APY.vision site, you can embed our data on your frontend. Our GraphQL endpoints are flexible, you pick what metrics you want to retrieve and display them on your frontend.

Yes, we are open to having a chat with Blockanalitica and see how we can work together with them.

Based on the past 3 months, MAU fluctuates between 2600-3000 users. It increases dramatically with the market activity.

We picked Ethereum as the TVL is the highest there. We can support other chains where Ajna is deployed (such as Base, Arbitrum, and Optimism), but it will extend the scope a bit. Let me know if you want wider chain coverage and the priority of these and we can incorporate them (probably in multiple milestones as part of a follow-up grant).

Since ajnafi.com is the core app of Ajna Finance, positions taken here will be supported.

Summer.fi likely can be supported (our research is in progress), we just need to extend the scope of the integration to be able to capture the proxy contract interaction.

Since supporting user positions via Summer.fi is crucial, we can shape the scope of the proposal to include this. I suggest doing it in Milestone 2, so we can focus on supporting the user actions with the core app first, then extend. We’re doing some research around Summer.fi to estimate the work required.

We’re looking into this, likely a subgraph issue. Thanks for the note!

We can limit the scope to providing data on the user interactions via Ajna finance and also summerFi. Remove the dashboard development from the scope for now. Calculating with a discounted price could work for us.

We suggest going with a very limited scope (mentioned above, and see the updated proposal). We can’t cut the scope of the integration, as it is already the base integration scope. This can be only expanded from here. Continuity grant sounds good to us.

Sounds good.

I’m making changes to the draft as well to incorporate the feedback. @Davidutro can you give it another read pls just to make sure it looks good?

Thanks a lot! We’re super excited to work on this.

1 Like

Would love @BlockAnalitica and @Delegates to look this over and share their view on whether this is worth funding this first cycle.

I am curious how @BlockAnalitica and you guys can work together. AFAIK individual position data is not on BA’s roadmap. Would this sort of API make it easier to integrate this data on info.ajna.finance?

Given how many high priority grants there are this cycle, I am leaning on voting no for now, but yes in the future pending more exploration and validation from other stakeholders.

I use apy.vision and I’d love to see tracking for the AJNA/ETH Uniswap V2 pool on there.

1 Like

Thanks for using APY.vision! As part of this integration, not the AJNA Uniswap pool positions will be displayed, but your positions in AJNA. Similar to a pool position but for lending.