ajnaJSONified.com Grant Request

ajnaJSONified.com Grant Request

Receiving Address: 0xB053bC6631bC79F57bbC09a72e89084685450803
AJNA Amount: 120,000 (ajna) for twelve calendar months (or effectively $1000 USD per month for twelve calendar months). Should AJNA appreciate, any amount in excess of $1000/month will be used and offset for future months in future grant applications (and the same in the reverse). The intent is to apply for a grant annually going forward until such time as the project has its own revenue to support itself.

Applicant Information

Applicant Name: ajnaJSONified.com
Email: ajnaJSONified@protonmail.com
About you and/or the team: I like beer, my dog, and maybe three other people.
Additional Links: https://ajnajsonified.com

Project Information

1.) What is it?
The goal of ajnaJSONified is to present a text-only blockchain-sourced dashboard that has a JSON feed for each pair (but not an API).

2.) What problem is being solved, how?
Text-only UI and having a JSON (that can be imported into google sheets or other API tool) to extract away the complexity of determining values per collateral pair.

3.) How will this project be a source of growth or success for Ajna? Please include a step-by-step summary of how you imagine the completed project will affect Ajna.
It is protocol datasite for AJNA but being text-only and having a simply JSON feed allows for automation.

Current JSON feeds update every 15 minutes.

There are no steps needed. ajnaJSONified.com has already been written for ETH L1 and is live >today<. This grant will be provide some of the capital needed to be able to expand the development for L2s. Note: as the costs to run L2 nodes goes up, subsequent grant applications may be higher to cover those costs (especially until a self-sustaining revenue source is put in place).

Over the coming year, this entire project will push to be self-sustaining with its own revenue stream. For now the service will be free to anyone. In the future, we will throttle usage and implement a paid-tier.

Any features people want can be added as time will allow based on the request complexity.

4.) What is/are the objective(s)?
Provide a text UI and framework for where external parties can create their algorithms without needing to have a node.

5.) What is/are the deliverable(s)?
For ETH L1, there is none. It is already running.
For ETH L2s, there will be a process to run a local node that will take some time.

6.) What level of support do you anticipate needing through the duration of the project?
Minimal, ETH L1 was the prototype and it works today. L2s will take more effort.

7.) How often will progress reports be published to the forum?
Monthly-ish

8.) What are the estimated costs associated with the full completion of this project?
See above in the project description. There is a monthly cost to run the servers. The core of the code is basically done.

9.) If applicable, How will the project be maintained after completion of the grant?
Recurring applications for grants from ajna.

Additional Information:

10.) How will you handle a delay in your project timeline?
For ETH L1, no delays. It is functional today.

11.) How will you handle a scenario where the project can’t be completed due to insufficient funding or other factors?
N/A

12.) How will you handle a scenario where the project is completed, but significantly under-budget?
I will apply any “overage” to future grant applications to offset the request. The lion’s share of effort on the technical side has already been completed.

1 Like

Very curious to hear from current/potential users of this site. Is this something that you find useful? I’m on the fence about funding this, mainly because idk if people will actually use it and whether it will provide better UX for the Ajna user.

I want to fund things that bring better UX, but I also want to validate the idea before signing off and giving it a try

It is ~only 120k AJNA~ so it seems like a low hanging fruit to fund. Plus I am a huge fan of the guy who built it. So leaning yes. Nevertheless, we only get to fund 10 grants maximum so any validation would be appreciated.

crossposted to discord to get some more feedback

“Be cool if it updates every block. Great to have data sources that non technical can build on using google sheets etc.”
Tbone (Discord)

it’s bit rough but i like no-fril dashboard of everything including other deployment
this is what end state of @MoneyPrinterGoBrrr ajnarewards look like too lol
Gunboats (Discord)